Benjamin Bunny

Summer holidays are approaching really fast now. Before we take off for a vacation, I always put together a nice bag full of suprises for my daughters, to keep them busy, the hours we aren't making trips to the swimming pool, beach, park, zoo or whatever we will be going to visit while away from home.
One of the things I always put in the bag is a book, either a book they can read themselves, or a book I can read to them. Last week I cleaned out a cabinet in which I keep a bag full of things I got from my grandmother after she died. One of the things in the bag, is something I made for her some years ago, while I was still a teenager: Benjamin Bunny, one of the characters in the book of Peter Rabbit. 


Actually I like it more now than I did back than. I remember the cross stitching asked all the patience I had in me, as the stitches were only 1mm and I wanted it to be perfect, because I made it for my grandmother. It was one of the first cross stitch projects I did, but I think it looks nice and neat.  

Anyway, that's how I came to the idea to buy The Complete Tales by Beatrix Potter for the Holiday Surprise Bag.

~*~

My Market Bags, that I made for my daughters to sell at the Garage Sale, were featured by The Stitchin' Mommy! And the little Ice Cone Key Chains I made for the garage sale were featured by Pattern Paradise! The Bracelets that my daughters made, were featured by Fluster Buster!





Thank you all!

Comments

  1. You did a great job on the cross-stitch and how wonderful that it has returned to you after your Grandmother passed. Hope the girls will enjoy the stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet gift! You did such a fantastic job! My daughter made me a market bag more than 20 years ago - and I still use it! Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my boys were little I use to order Beatrix Potter books from England they are fantastic books. Your Benjamin Bunny needlepoint is beautiful. I bet your grandmother treasured it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful cross stitch with lovely memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did such a beautiful job with Benjamin Bunny. Those stitches are so neat. Your Gran must have treasured it all her days. It's a wonderful gift

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful treasure in having that cross stitch you did as a girl! Your surprise bags sound wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww, i read beatrix potter to my baby girl (14 months now) all the time. i was given the full set as a child and I'm so hoping that she will love them as much as I do. And beautiful cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cross stitch picture is gorgeous, your grandma clearly treasured it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Peter Rabbit and Benjamin Bunny is so cute! I love that it came back to you. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Crochet Bag

Fisherman's Lamp