Beauty

Just want you to show the beauty that I found living in my kitchen tonight...

On the internet I found it isn't very uncommon to find those butterflies in your house. They can live for months and as it becomes colder, they're seeking shelter in barns and cellars and such. Or in houses. But when it's cold enough to warm up your house, it becomes too hot for them and they die. So after watching the butterfly for a while and giving it a little piece of apple, so it could take nips from it with its proboscis, I picked it up carefully and brought the butterfly outside. We have several nesting boxes for birds in the garden and I put it in there.

The butterfly is a Peacock Butterfly (Aglais io) and lives in Europe and Asia. Its caterpillars live from nettles, which grow everywhere in The Netherlands, but nonetheless I don't see them very often. 


Comments

  1. I've never had a butterfly in the house - like being visited by a fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so beautiful. We still had them in the garden too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Thank you for hosting at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag