Zucchini Carpaccio

As usual, we ate a lot of good stuff at Menorca. One night I went out with my friend that lives on the island. She's a vegetarian and although I am not, I ate great things in the restaurant of her choice. One of them was carpaccio made of zucchini, with (lots of) olive oil, fresh basil and Parmesan cheese. Tonight I made it at home, and although of course it didn't taste as good as on the island (things always seem to taste better in a holiday setting), it was still delicious!



What you need: 
1 zucchini
olive oil
fresh basil
grated Parmesan cheese

What you do:
Cut slices of the zucchini with a cheese slicer and cook them for three minutes Let the slices leak out
Arrange them on a plate
Pour olive oil over it to your own taste
Tear the basil leaves into small pieces and sprinkle them on the zucchini carpaccio
Do the same with the cheese
Eat!
iBuen provecho!

~*~

This week my Cacti were featured by Oombawka Design , by Rooted in Thyme, by Bowdabra, by Creative Jewish Mom, by Sew Can Do, Creating my Way to Success and by Craft Dictator


Thank you, Rhondda, Jody, Sandy, Sara, Cheryl, Jill and Rhonda&Cara!

Comments

  1. I used to live in Italy, and we grilled the zucchini there. Try that, even in a toaster oven / grill kind of thing. You'll love it. You can also put them in a pan (with no oil) and flip them over from time to time. Works also. Then, when they are cooked (and dried a bit) add your very best olive oil. Delicious! Works too with eggplant. In fact, I am making the zucchini dish today myself... which is why i thought to share it here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uyyy que rivo!!! me encantaron los cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some zucchini in the fridge, and I was trying to figure out what to do with it. I may give this a try! And I love your crochet cacti! I was just looking at crochet cacti on Pinterest! Anyhoo, thanks for sharing at Submarine Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby would love this recipe. He is a big zucchini fan. It's a pretty dish! Congrats on your Cacti features. They are adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday. We look forward to seeing you at the new party Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love to find new ways to use zucchini and this is so fun- I'm so glad you linked up at Snickerdoodle Sunday!

    Sarah (Sadie Seasongoods)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz I think I'm going to LOVE this! Thanks for sharing it at Five Star Frugal....Love, Mimi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea for zuchinni! Thanks for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so yummy, and easy to make! I'm always looking for quick, healthy meals and snacks - thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments! Thank you for telling what you think!

Popular posts from this blog

Plague Doctor (free pattern)

Air Mail

Crochet Bag